Adenoma of the prostate (abbreviation of prostate hypertrophy) in the present, more commonly known as "benign prostatic hyperplasia" ("bph").
The initial phase of the disease is the appearance of a small before you buy, or a group of nodules in the thyroid. With the course of the disease that are rapidly expanding in both size and quantity. Unlike the cancer, the adenoma does not give metastases in other organs, that is to say, it is a benign tumor. What is the urological disease often are diagnosed in men over the age of 50 years.
The causes of the
The causes of hypertrophy of the prostate in men is not clarified so far. The only thing that has been proven and does not lend itself to doubt – a direct relationship between age and the presence of the disease.
With the age of the men alters the function of the production of testosterone, which is the primary male hormone, and it starts in large amounts to produce estradiol estradiol (a hormone capable of stimulating the increase of the speed and the intensity of the multiplication of the cells of the prostate gland). Therefore, the closer to the critical age of 50 years, the greater the probability of diagnosis of adenoma of prostate in men.
It has been shown that the following factors cause the emergence of the disease; its presence in the times increases the risk of the disease:
- inactivity, sedentary lifestyle and excess weight – these circumstances contribute to the excessive accumulation of adipose tissue in the that is produced estrogen, by altering the balance of testosterone and estrogen in the body of the men;
- bad inheritance – if, among the closest relatives were patients with a medical diagnosis of the adenoma of the prostate, the risk of disease increases;
- frequent inclusion in the diet of incorrect foods, the abuse of junk food and the components, content in the diet of a large amount of food with spices, grilled fish, and a meal rich in fats.
The symptoms of hypertrophy of the prostate
In men the symptoms of the disease are very varied. In its development and manifestation affects the progression of the disease, the age and the social status of the patient, as well as their mental and physical health status.
The first common feature of the disease is considered to be the delay of the initial phase of urination, and the manifestation of the false urgency to it. Along with these symptoms generally, there is a stream of urine.
With the passage of time, the warning signs begin to be reinforced: the patient is complaining of urinary problems. To urinate, you should stretch the muscles of the peritoneum. In the cavity of the bladder produces urine residual – is the amount that has not exited due to the reduction of muscle tone of bladder emptying (detrusor). It is composed of mutually gold layers, forming a single muscle. Normal the reduction of the fabric is an important indicator of the health of men.
In the absence of treatment at this stage of the disease, the symptom becomes dominant. This process is characterized by the decrease of the amount emitted by the urine of normal to very weak, urine stream sometimes reduces tear flow. In some cases, the voltage detrusor falls so much that the volume of fluid in the bladder becomes critical – more liters.
Often the treatment is complicated by the fact that many patients find that symptoms of benign prostatic hyperplasia normal for his age and not to rush to the help and advice of a specialist. And here in the background of the further problems, due to the sexual dysfunction of men are still going to the appointment with the urologist.
Obstructive and irritative syndromes of benign prostatic hyperplasia
- 1. Irritative:
These signs are still known as symptoms of irritation of the skin. These include increase in the frequency of urination or voids of urgency to it, the incontinence of the urine. Often the patient is forced to go to the bathroom at night 2 or 3 times when you wake up for the need. Other symptoms depend on the severity of the muscle disorder of bladder emptying.
Now the science knows that as a result of age, hormonal alignment of the body strongly advances the hypoxia of the pelvic oor muscles. This condition is called instability of the bladder.
Appear irritative symptoms that hinder the quality of life of men, taking due account of the diagnosis and timely quality to the treatment of the least dangerous.
The difficulty is that the patient can simultaneously observe and irritative and obstructive symptoms of the disease. The classic, the clinical picture is characterized by the presence of both groups of features.
- 2. Obstructive:
In the manifestation of the symptoms of adenoma of the prostate, in men of great influence in the formation of the clinical picture of the disease exerts the presence of a chronic inflammatory process in the prostate. When edema of the tissues of the prostate often observed the deterioration of erectile function of the penis. The chronic prostatitis is often manifested disorders of urination. The presence of this syndrome increases the number of postoperative complications in patients with different degrees of development of the disease.
The possibility of an accurate diagnosis is often complicated by the fact that the box clinical form including the pathological process in the body, not related to bph. It follows that every patient needs a surgical intervention, also taking into account the fact that in patients with moderate to overt obstructive symptoms after surgery to improve the general state is not reached.
The phase of the disease
The development of the adenoma of the prostate, the specialists are divided into three stages:
- Compensated stage usually manifests itself in a slight increase of the authority. The changes are minor side effects: the limits of the prostate clearly defined, the palpacin does not cause the sensation of pain. The density of the authority is maintained in the normal view. The slot to palpation is detected. The patient does not manifest a delay of the residual urine.
- Subcompensated stage. It is characterized by a strong increase of the prostate, up to the level, when it begins to exert a strong influence on the function of the bladder. The symptoms are manifested the following: a and incomplete liberation of the bladder, the wall of the bubble will swell and become much thicker than the wall of the authority in the normal state, when the bladder is filled with often occurs part of urine, it does not give control.
Often matthew becomes opaque, turbidity appears, and sometimes of the waste. In some cases, the urine contains water from the blood.
- Decompensated stage. It is the extreme degree of development of prostatitis. Patients present with critical residual volume of urine, urinating extremely difficult, and passes drop by drop, the muscles of the bladder, is extremely weak, because of the increased frequency of state. Often, this stage is complicated by the disadvantage of the hemoglobin in the blood – anemia. In the patient's breathing, feel the characteristic smell of the urine.
After listening to his own complaints of the patient, the doctor proceeds to the collection of the medical history and begins to investigate the state of health of the organism. The first method used to develop the clinical picture is the palpacin and visual inspection.
For an accurate diagnosis a specialist uses ultrasound. Can be trans-rectal – to establish with accuracy the problematic of the phase of the prostate, or include foreign countries for the study of the bladder to determine the stage of development of the disease, it is necessary to know the residual volume of urine.
The patient must pass several tests:
- in the first place, to perform analyses of blood and urine. Gives information about the presence of chronic diseases of inflammatory processes in the body and clarifies the picture of the general situation of health of the patient;
- At the level of the contents in the body of the DOG (a specific antigen)– the level of its content in the body that clearly indicate the presence or absence of malignant cells in the tumor;
- in the levels of creatinine. This qualitative analysis status indicator is located upper urinary tract;
- the method of uroflowmetry is the quality way to determine the urinary problems and their causes.
The treatment of adenoma of prostate in men
The results of the research, the treatment of benign prostate hyperplasia can be of the following types:
- minimally invasive (another common name – HIFU-therapy);
- surgically. (here there may be variations – transurethral resection of the prostate laser surgery or vaporization).
Pharmacological treatment (medications)
Different medications are an effective method for the control of the disease in the early stages of its development. The most famous of the drugs used in the treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia of the prostate is understood to be:
- Alpha-blockers – its main function is the improvement of the discharge the urine into the prostate hypertrophy and relief of pain when urinating;
- blockers. The drugs of this type inhibit the production of toxic of the hormone dihydrotestosterone – he a detrimental effect on the growth process, many times accelerating this process. Drugs, by blocking the action of this substance make possible its decline. In some cases, this process is irreversible and is held firmly in place.
The benign prostate hypertrophy should carefully monitor the diet of the sick. In addition, the compliance of the following regulations served as a reserve of the prevention of this disease, and many others. Should be increased to take:
- a wide variety of fruits, berries and vegetables fresh;
- products that contain fiber;
- rich in fats are the acids of the products;
- raw pumpkin – which contain a large amount of useful for men of the body of substances.
And, on the contrary, it must reduce or, even, to refuse:
- red meat and fat of the broth in the bones;
- offal and viscera;
- easily digestible ("fast") of carbohydrates;
- legumes and peas;
- canned goods, semi-finished products;
- sweets, especially chocolate in any form;
- sharp condiments and spices.
The diet of the sick should answer the main rule of eating as any right of the person to not care about the state of your health.
In the adenoma of the prostate increases in the extent – to a greater or lesser extent. To the extent there has been a change in size of an organ, corresponds to a deterioration of the patient's condition and, in consequence, to modify the treatment plan.
The indicators of the universal scale of the conformity of the size of the tumor and the need to perform the operation is understood to be:
- 30-55 mm – surgical treatment is not required in a mandatory way. It is possible to perform conservative treatment, based on the receipt of medications;
- 40-60 mm in diameter – the conservative treatment can be a success, but the combination with the system of disposal of part of the prostate, is possible with the help of the laparoscopy;
- Of 60 to 80 mm – on a scale of breast augmentation operation is performed in 100% of cases.
To the absolute and are not delay, the indications for surgical treatment are:
- the inability to celebrate the natural need, even after the catheterization the urethra of the valve;
- constantly repeats a wide hematuria;
- chronic or acute renal failure;
- chronic inflammation of the urinary canals, or the acute development of those states;
- diverticula of the musculature of the pelvis;
- the stone in the bladder or in one (two) of the kidneys.
Often in the treatment of adenoma of the prostate, are used the so-called alternative methods of treatment. Them – allowed or non-conventional. Sometimes these methods give a good opportunity.
Among the popular recipes of the healers and lovers of the most popular are the following:
- the infusion of birch leaves. 2 tablespoons of fresh and dried leaves fill in with 0,5 liters of boiling water, insist within two hours and take half a cup three times a day before meals.
- the decoction of the root of the burdock. To do this, 2 tablespoons of roots steamed in boiling water, three to four hours and drink 0.5 cup several times a day.
- the head of the onion. Sometimes to relieve the symptoms of inflammation enough to eat a fresh bulb onion;
- the pumpkin seeds. You should eat each day, peeled, the seeds of this plant.
The application of these techniques should not be self – individual that does not bring due result, and can intervene evil service – to-self-treatment can ignore the development of the disease and then pass that phase, in which one can still solve the problem without the need for surgical intervention. However, when you combine alternative and the funds allocated by the specialists, it is possible to the good result of the treatment.
The prevention of the
Warning the emergence and development of the adenoma of the prostate in men it is necessary to follow a healthy lifestyle. It would be useful to adopt the following measures:
- the practice of physical culture. A few minutes of exercise a day will help in the prevention of stagnation of the phenomena;
- maintain a proper diet;
- monitor the body weight. The risk of adenoma of the prostate is directly proportional to the increase in the indices of body mass and the appearance of excess fat;
- each year to pay a visit to a specialist urologist for the inspection;
- prevent hypothermia;
- try to have a bowel movement in the first impulse, not to create situations in which the bladder or intestine filled with people.
The prostate gland in men cure, if the problem is found at an early stage. And here is when they are running in the event of an illness of a long time not recognized, the quality of life worsens dramatically. It is not worth to lose sight of other moral and ethical side of the issue.
The resource appropriate to a specialist, the correct diagnosis and in strict compliance with the treatment plan, the prognosis is very favorable.
And here is when the disease is identified in the later stages, specialists suddenly give a positive prediction. The disease is aggravated by chronic conditions, such as infections of the urinary system, the education of stones, sand and other sediments in the bladder and kidneys.