Urethritis in men — an inflammatory disease of the wall of the urethra, which often called by different infectious disease factors: bacteria, viruses, fungi, or protozoa.
In addition to the infectious causes, the inflammation can be caused by allergies, chemicals or traumatic impact. Urethritis is accompanied by itching, secretions from the urethra, burning and pain. Without timely treatment of the disease leads to the development of cystitis, prostatitis or inflammation of the testicles and their appendages, and, in some cases, not cured urethritis can lead to narrowing of the urethra.
Therefore, when the first symptoms of the infection, you should consult a specialist to prevent its progression.
What is it?
Urethritis - the inflammatory process, which is localized in the urinary channel. The disease is often enough, regardless of sex and age. To clearly understand what is urethritis in men, the treatment and symptoms of this condition, you must have an idea about the male anatomy of the urethra.
Depending on the cause of urethritis in men are divided into infectious and non-infectious, and the infection, in turn, in gonococcal and non-gonococcal.
Non-gonococcal urethritis are divided into types, depending on the excitation:
- bacterial (caused by conditional-pathogenic microflora);
- mycotic (Candida, fungi);
Non-infectious urethritis in men is of the following types:
- the traumatic;
- to have stopped (congestive).
Duration the course of the disease distinguish fresh (acute, subacute and torpid) and chronic urethritis.
Depending on the location of the injury process:
- front-wheel-drive urethritis – in the first division of the urethra, i.e., located closer to the exit of a hole in the head of the penis;
- the rear, in the department of the urethra, i.e., is located closer to a urinary bubble.
For primary development of the inflammatory process distinguish these types of urethritis in men:
- main – when an infectious disease that develops in the urinary channel;
- secondary – when the infection is in urinary the way it penetrates into the organs that are the focus of infection.
Often the infectious agents in the urethra out of the bladder and of the prostate, which develops the inflammatory process.
What are the reasons of urethritis?
The major reasons that cause development of urethritis in the male, doctors categorized into:
- Diseases that can be transmitted through sex without a condom (herpes, hpv, gonorrhea, trichomonas, Ureaplasma, chlamydia, etc). Mainly the inflammation in the urinary channel is just a symptom of this type of infections.
- The violation of the processes of change (especially in the area of the pelvis).
- Effects on the body of different toxic substances.
- Stagnant processes that occur in the pelvic area. This leads to the development of congestive of urethritis. The emergence of a stagnation of the venous blood may precede the constipation, the hemorrhoids, the practice of the interruption of the sexual relationship.
- Allergies, which can cause the food products, products of personal hygiene or taking certain medications.
- A lot of acidic and salty foods with a lot of spices in the diet, which can irritate the mucous membranes.
Scars factors of the inflammation of the urethra are:
- unprotected sex with carriers of the infection;
- the breach of the rules of personal hygiene;
- injuries of the urethra (in particular during the celebration of the manipulations medical);
- the fenmenos stuck in the organs of the pelvis;
- disorders of the metabolism;
- the supercooling of the organism;
- the poor diet;
- allergic reactions;
- the irritation of the urethra of the chemical substances contained in products for the care of the body, spermicide's, condoms, etc
Late or poor treatment of urethritis in men risk the onset of serious complications: pyelonephritis, cystitis, orchitis, balanoposthitis, as well as prostatitis.
The symptoms and the first symptoms of urethritis in men
During the development of urethritis man presents with complaints of these symptoms:
- low-grade fever;
- the need to urinate;
- the swelling of the urethra;
- at the end of urination can be spotted in small amount;
- the pain in the process of urinating;
- a burning sensation;
- the sudden pain of the nature in the urethra;
- the selection purulent nature of the urethra, which can have a color from yellow to green, and removes a large amount in the beginning of the inflammatory process.
This clinic develops in independence of what urethritis: non-specific or specific. The only difference is that non-specific urethritis confirm when strokes to other infections do not give positive in the analysis.
The chronicle of the process is observed very rarely this happens in the context of these situations:
- a weak immune system of the patient;
- the prevalence of pathological agent to other organs;
- incorrect or lack of treatment of urethritis in the mode of the form.
Note: when the disease enters the chronic stage, the swelling of the urethra passes, and the selection is reduced. Often the man thinks that the disease has passed, but in reality has been passed the disease in latent phase. If you do not carry out the therapy, that the strains of bacteria that settled in the prostate and the seminal vesicle, spurts, finally, lead to prostatitis, epididymitis, vesiculitis.
When the men urethritis are possible the following types of complications:
- In case of absence of any treatment of the urethritis, or when the wrong treatment of the disease can range from the acute form of the chronic.
- The emergence of prostatitis.
- Vesiculitis — that is to say, the swelling of seeds of the bubbles.
- Orchitis — that is to say, inflammation of the testicles.
- Balanitis — inflammation of the skin on the head of the member.
- Balanoposthitis — that is to say, the internal inflammation of the leaf and on the foreskin.
- The narrowing of the urethra, which is caused by the lack of treatment of urethritis, or chronic disease. The advanced cases, the narrowings require surgical intervention.
That is the existing amount of the complications of male urethritis due to inflammation of the urethra may reach other organs and start to develop there: the organs of the scrotum, bladder and prostate, can be victims of urethritis. To avoid complications require special prevention of urethritis.
In the first place, you need to consult a doctor-urologist, who will perform the inspection. If it detects a pathology, the patient to the consultation of the venereal diseases. The patient is assigned to the following studies:
- it makes the analysis of the urine and of the blood;
- take a smear of the secretions from the urethra;
- collect the urine, bacterial seeding and base nutritious;
- the ultrasound of the kidneys and the organs of the urinary system;
If there is pathology of the results of the analysis point to a considerable excess of the standard of leukocytes and bacteria. If you detect fungus, the diagnosis of urethritis Candida of the view. During the diagnostic investigation, which determine the antibiotics could affect the pathology. The full study allows the physician to understand how to deal with urethritis, and drugs apply, for the therapy has brought the maximum effect.
How to cure urethritis?
In the home treatment of urethritis in men has to be integral. All procedures are performed on an outpatient basis, drugs collected by the specialist. The patient should comply scrupulously with all the assignments and follow certain recommendations in the treatment period. Them concern:
- temporary rejection of sexual relations;
- the strict compliance of the rules of hygiene;
- the execution of all the medical recommendations relating to the duration of treatment and of medicines;
- the rejection of bad habits (alcohol, tobacco);
It is mandatory the adjustment of the diet directed with the exception of fatty, fried, the spicy dishes, cured meats, pickles in vinegar, pickles, carbonated beverages, in a word, of all the products, able to increase the intensity of the inflammatory process. The patient is recommended to drink more liquids to observe the day, avoid cold, stress, and the influence of other negative factors.
On average, the treatment of virtually any form of urethritis in a few weeks. The treatment, in any case, you can throw it away when signs of improvement and remission of the clinical picture of the disease. At the end of the treatment control is performed smears the urethra the canal to confirm the healing.
What are the antibiotics are prescribed when the urethritis?
The medicine of urethritis in men appoint a physician after care of the bacteriological research and the definition of arousal. The wrong choice of medication can cause complications.
Often applied antibiotics in the form of pills, injections, candles.
Chronic blenorrgico urethritis requires the administration of the solution of antibiotics into the urethra. The therapy is complemented with the intake of drugs based on hormones of the adrenal glands. Supplement therapy can be washing of the urethra with antiseptic, the allocation of immunostimulyatorov, it is a multivitamin (emphasis on the vitamins A and E). The physiotherapy is applied beyond the stage of sharpening – are held magnetotherapy, electrophoresis, laser, effects, processing of ultra-high frequency impulses.
In addition to the reference of a course of antibiotics that act on acute suppression of the symptoms of the disease, are widely applied and other therapies, such as local and physical therapy procedures.
The local procedures suggest the introduction of drugs directly into the urethra. Local treatments that give good results, as an integral component of the therapy urethritis.
The physiotherapy is applied only in chronic diseases urethritis, acute inflammatory processes are contra-indicated. Is prescribed electrophoresis, uhf, laser therapy, magnetic therapy. But all these methods require a constant and adequate medical supervision.
In the home treatment of urethritis should be complemented with a proper diet and a healthy lifestyle. Especially important is, when inflamed several organs at the same time. Follow the following recommendations:
- Try to eat more foods that have an anti-inflammatory action. To them carry the carrot, the celery, the parsley, cranberries and blueberries.
- To reduce to a minimum the consumption of fat, overly salted, acute and smoked foods.
- Try to drink more clean water. She will help you to reduce the concentration of malware of bacteria in the urine. This will lead to a weakening of the symptoms of the problem.
- To improve immunity, eat more fresh fruits and vegetables. Drink juice, jelly and compotes. Mandatory part of the diet should be cranberry in sids, and the tea with the addition of rosehip oil.
- It is strictly prohibited the consumption of alcoholic beverages. The coffee, tea and cocoa you can drink from time to time in minimum amounts.
- Cannot be used in food that affect to the irritation of the urethra. They carry spices, spices, garlic, onion, spinach, horseradish and radishes.
A correct diet must be complemented with moderate physical activity and the complete failure of the bad habits. Try to spend more time outdoors.
It is important to understand that you are completely cured of the disease of remedies impossible. However, its use in equality of conditions with medicines, help to prevent relapse and accelerate recovery. To do this, they can be used decoctions and infusions of medicinal herbs, you can prepare at home:
- The infusion prepared with the leaves of black currant. What is the tool you have antisptica and helps to enrich the body of vitamins. For its preparation 3 tablespoons of dried leaves, fill with 250 ml of boiling water and insist until your total cooling. After this, the infusion is filtered and taken 15 minutes before meals three times a day.
- Decoction of oak bark. This tool eliminates the pain and burning sensation that appear at the time of urination. For cooking 1 tablespoon of raw materials, pour 250 ml of boiling water and kept in a water bath for about 20 minutes. After cooling, cooking filtered and take 1 tablespoon before each meal. Use cooking it is also possible for the seating of the trays.
- The extract of cornflower. To prepare the infusion from 1 teaspoon of dried flowers is filled with 250 ml of boiling water and insist no less than 1 hour. After this step, the tool filtered and taken three times a day before meals for 2 tablespoons. The medication helps relieve the swelling and normalize the microflora.
The prevention of the
The preventive measures consist of simple measures, you are able to reduce practically to zero the risk of any type of urethritis.
Avoid hypothermia and injuries on the penis. Keep a healthy lifestyle and drop the bad habits, if any. If you have doubts about your partner – use barrier contraceptives, which may help protect the body against sexually transmitted infections.
It is not desirable to have many partners to have sex. Keep in mind all the rules of hygiene, never use a stranger's bed linen and toiletries.