Growths in the prostate benign nature – as he deciphers the diagnosis of adenoma. This man pathology occupies one of the first places among urological diseases. When the normal volume of the prostate is compared to the chestnut. Can be increased by the expansion of the fibrozno-muscular tissue. One of the causes of the appearance of adenomas is the age of the patient. In connection with the increase of the prostate reduces the lumen of the urethra. This leads to problems with urination. If the malignant cells, we speak of the cancer of prostate.
The indications for surgery in the adenoma of prostate
The feasibility of full or partial removal of the benign prostatic hyperplasia is defined for each patient individually. The indications to early intervention are:
- The ineffectiveness of medication therapy. Benign prostatic hyperplasia (bph), that is to say, the increase of the volume of the prostate, can evolve even of a proper treatment. If, within the term of six months, the effect of the drugs that has not manifested, is the resection of the adenoma with the help of a surgical intervention.
- The accelerated expansion of the tissues of the prostate. This means that the tumor develops very quickly, therefore, stop the process of the total removal of the prostatic hyperplasia.
- Pain syndrome. To eliminate the pain in the initial stages of the disease, use of antispasmodics and analgesics, and even the injection of the novocana. If the pathology is in execution, it is a bad symptom remains even after taking medications.
- The age of the patient. The surgery is shown in under the age of 65-70 years. In each case, the state of the patient is considered individually.
How to remove the adenoma of the prostate
The existence of the signs is assigned to the removal of the adenoma of the prostate methods of surgical intervention. Today there are several ways to perform this procedure. It can be open or minimally invasive. In the first case, the manipulation is performed through an incision in the lower abdominal of the division. Due to the large number of contraindications and of the consequences of the elimination of this operation runs infrequently, but it is considered the classic treatment along with transurethral resection. In the cases required open prostatectomy – surgery to remove the prostate.
Previously the only form of surgical treatment of prostate tumors has been open Adenomectomy. Is performed under general anesthesia. The doctor removes the tumor as well:
- the area of intervention, it is processed antiseptic solution, the hair is removed;
- the surgeon makes an incision of the skin and subcutaneous tissue;
- later, an incision of the anterior wall of the bladder, the doctor carefully examined by the court in the presence of stones;
- then, the surgeon removes the swelling due to the fact that the index finger enters the urethra and makes a small hollow in the mucosa;
- later in the bladder the catheter is inserted for the possibility of washing the wound solution physics.
The open surgery is the guarantee to permanently remove the tumor, but the rehabilitation of the patient after it lasts for a long time, up to 3 months. In addition, there is the risk of complications in the form of pus and bleeding. Not the least serious of the issue is the transfer of general anesthesia. Also, judging by the comments, after the surgery are the scars.
Transurethral resection of the (TOUR)
As is called the solution of neoplasms without cuts. Through the urethra and removes the tumor cells. In this case, you can even use local anesthesia. The complex methodology and requires a high qualification of the surgeon. The procedure is done like so:
- through the urethra is inserted a resectoscope;
- through a hinge of this instrument, it produces a scraping overgrown epithelium to the point of total elimination;
- then occurs the washing of the bladder, and another inspection of the operated area;
- hereinafter, there is injected a special catheter with the balloon, which is filled with liquid;
- after a few days in the absence of postoperative complications catheter removed.
After prostate surgery are recovered in about 2 months. In the first few days after she may experience pain when urinating, but with the time they spend. The operation takes no more than an hour, it is to your advantage. An advantage can be considered, and the absence of scars after removal of the tumor. In addition, the procedure itself is virtually painless.
Removal of the prostate with the use of minimally invasive techniques
Traditional methods of treatment of adenoma have a large amount of possible adverse effects. To reduce the risk of complications to help minimally invasive methods. It is primarily a laser resection. In modern surgery, modern techniques are:
- embolization of the arteries of the prostate;
- laser vaporization;
- laser enucleation adenoma;
- interstitial laser therapy;
- needle ablation;
- the laparoscopy;
- endoscopic resection of the.
Embolization of the arteries of the prostate
The essence of this methodology is the blockage of arterial blood vessels, which supply blood to the prostate has increased. The procedure is performed under local anesthesia. The surgeon controls their steps with the help of a special device. The task of the doctor is to find the end of the blood supply of the prostate. They introduce the microcatheter, and through him – intravascular substrate plunger. Advantage is that the patient receives in 6 hours after the procedure.
Of all the treatment methods laser vaporization adenoma is characterized by a lower number of complications. In addition, it allows patients with clotting disorders. The team is inserted through the ureter. A laser beam is cut benign areas of the prostate, the blood vessels "prepared". This operation is performed when the size of the tumor in a 60-to-80-cubic see the positive aspects are short the post-operative period and the minimum of the presence of complications, but what is the laser removal lasts two times longer than the completion of the TOUR.
The removal of the adenoma of prostate in this way is a "shelling of the tissues of the prostate through the exposure to the laser. After the operation it is found that the presence of malignant cells. Its advantages are:
- the possibility of eliminating the tumor, even when the growth breast up to 200 g;
- the short recovery period;
- the possibility of performing the operation on patients with pacemakers, metallic devices in the body or violation of the coagulation of the blood.
After endoscopic enucleation tissue of the tumor-bearing bladder, grind it with a laser and removed through a drainage catheter. The presence of inflammatory processes or the inability to insert a catheter in the ureter is a contraindication to the performance of the operation. The same thing happens with the heavy, the general condition of the patient.
The laser therapy interstitial
The essence of this procedure removal of tumors through the conduct of punctures in the mucous membrane of the bladder or of the prostate a more precise means of a laser beam. As an infusion is required several. With the help of the beam of the gland treated by all sides, that leads to necrosis. The disadvantage of the method is that in some time the symptoms of the disease may even worsen. Originate cause of the wound deeply in the prostate.
The atrophy of the glandular tissue when this operation is performed by the heating by radio waves of high frequency. They are going to the prostate through needles that are inserted in the interior of the gland. The disadvantage of the procedure is its ineffectiveness in the large sizes of neoplasms. The advantage is that it is performed on an outpatient basis, that is, the patient can immediately after the removal of go home.
Laparoscopic removal of the adenoma of prostate
This technique is indicated when the volume of the prostate more than 100 cubic see It is carried out through special tubes that penetrate into the interior through small incisions in the skin. In the interior is done by the camera which shows the course of a procedure in the monitor. The removal of the adenoma of the prostate lasts around 2 hours under general anesthesia. At the end of the urethra the catheter is inserted. An advantage is small, the period of rehabilitation. From the hospital of a patient through the prescription of 2 to 4 days. Among the disadvantages we can mention little scars from the incisions.
This methodology also does not require the abdominal of the autopsy. This reduces the loss of blood. The iron is cut with surgical instruments inserted through a tube thickness of 1-1,5 see the Advantage of this procedure is that it does not affect the erectile function, since it refers to the stored techniques. In the absence of stones, inflammation and the small size of the adenoma of this operation is preferable. An advantage is the recovery period short.
The consequences of the operation of removal of the adenoma of the prostate
The rehabilitation after the removal of the adenoma of the prostate may pass is not so smooth. Health problems that appear with more frequency in comparison with the treatment of prostatitis. Few days ago observed blood in urine, incontinence or pain when urinating. Last the side effects a short time. If it spreads, then it is worth consulting a specialist. Each patient reacts in their own way for the surgical intervention, so that depending on the type of operation, there may be different effects to the recurrence of the disease. In this case, you must return to the operation.
Any removal of the adenoma of the prostate is potentially dangerous. Each patient runs the risk of bleeding and infection. Anesthesia is a considerable burden for the cardiovascular system. After the operation complications arise of this nature:
- the absence of sperm in the sexual act;
- the inflammatory processes of the pelvic organs;
- the incontinence of the urine;
- erectile dysfunction;
The power after the surgical intervention
The recovery of erectile function occurs by a certain time period after the operation, but to begin to live the sexual life, it is recommended before the complete regeneration of the tissues. The average duration of this is approximately a month. This term could be higher depending on the condition and age of the patient. In the full restoration of power to some of the men of the completion of the sexual intercourse you can stop mentioning the semen. The reason partial damage of the channels. The function is saved, but for the extraction of semen is required a puncture.
The rehabilitation after the surgery of adenoma of prostate
After the surgery, it is important to follow all the recommendations of the urologist for a more rapid recovery. They relate to diet, physical exercise and the patient's sex life. These recommendations are important for the exclusion of the possible complications after the surgical intervention. Early in the period of convalescence is the first 5-7 days. At this time, the patient returns to normal in the urination. In general, the recovery period may be 3 months or more.
Correction of style of life
Immediately after surgery, you must exclude reckless actions, as they can worsen the condition and cause inflammation. Not you can do the following:
- time to sit in the chair;
- take a hot shower or bath;
- the consumption of alcohol;
- independently drive the vehicle;
- lift a weight over 3 kg
In the period of a month and a half after the operation, you should abstain from sexual intercourse. Immediately go to work is not recommended, it is better to take in the first few weeks of hospital. After removal of the adenoma of the prostate, it is recommended to walk, and after some time – do tomorrow for an easy-to-load and swim. Already after the recovery, it is not worth smoking cigarettes. The nicotine in them is adversely affecting the circulation of the blood, which can lead to inflammation.
Not less important factor of recovery – proper nutrition. Of the diet, you must exclude harmful food. This includes the roasted, salty, smoky and sweet. Let you need, and alcoholic beverages. The food should consist of:
- lean soups;
- of the cereal grains.
Therapeutic exercise and yoga
After the operation of removal of the adenoma of the prostate are useful, not all of the charges. Exclude you must ride a bicycle and exercise with heavier weights. It is best to practice swimming and soft gym stretch the muscles. Doctors recommend to pay attention to yoga. Judging by the comments, are useful in the following exercises:
- Lie on the floor, pull the hand along the body. Compress and decompress the muscles of the perineum for 2 or 3 seconds for 1 minute.
- Without change of position, bend the body, bow, substituting the hands under your back and pelvis ripped out of the ground. Stop for a few seconds, take the initial position. Repeat another 4-5 times.
The treatment does not end and after the operation. For the exclusion of complications, the patient should take a series of drugs, a list that includes:
- Antibiotics. Are used to remove the infections which has developed after the operation. The course of treatment lasts no more than 7-10 days.
- Pain medications – are assigned in order to cut off the pain syndrome in 2-3 days after the procedure. First the patient takes the painkillers, and then passes a lighter.