One of the most common diseases in men is chronic prostatitis. This diagnosis means inflammation of the prostate gland, which has a long-lasting character. In most cases, the pathology is characterized by the absence of pronounced painful symptoms. Signs of prostatitis appear only at the moments of its exacerbation. To identify the disease, it is necessary to undergo a comprehensive examination in the clinic. After that, the doctor offers an individualized course of treatment that helps keep the disease in remission.
Causes and risk factors
Prolonged depressive states are one of the factors leading to the onset of the disease.
What is chronic prostatitis? Many men who are not lucky enough to face this diagnosis know it first hand. Several factors lead to its development, negatively affecting the work of the prostate gland and other internal organs
Chronic prostatitis is caused by the following causes:
- Sexually transmitted infections. We are talking about the herpes virus, fungal diseases, gonococci, Trichomonas and other similar pathologies that disturb the functioning of the genitourinary system.
- Lead a sedentary lifestyle.
- Prolonged sexual abstinence and frequent coitus interruptus.
- Frequent hypothermia.
- Slow blood circulation in the pelvic organs.
- Prolonged experience of stressful situations and depression.
- Weakened immunity.
The more negative factors affect a man's body, the greater his chances of knowing from personal experience how unpleasant chronic prostatitis is. In addition, in the course of the development of it, negative consequences may appear, which will lead to even further deterioration in the patient's health.
The best thing for every man is to avoid taking risks. This requires prophylaxis of prostatitis and prompt treatment of inflammatory and other pathologies.
Doctors claim that we can cure any of the existing types of chronic inflammation of the prostate. There is a whole classification of this disease. Based on this, prostatitis occurs:
- Chronic bacterial.It is accompanied by characteristic symptoms of a disease such as prostatitis. Pathology is determined by the increased content of pathogenic microorganisms in urine and secretion from the prostate.
- Chronic Abacterial Disease (CABP).This type of prostatitis is the result of advanced bacterial inflammation in the prostate. A man with this diagnosis can suffer pain when urinating or ejaculating and all kinds of discomfort.
- Chronic congestion.Also called congestive prostatitis. The slow circulation of biological fluids in the pelvic area leads to the development of pathology.
- Asymptomatic inflammatory.The symptoms of this type of chronic prostatitis in men are completely absent. The person is sick and does not even know it. As a general rule, this pathology is discovered by accident during routine diagnostics.
The chronic abacterial type of the disease is most often found in men. Prostatitis of another type is significantly lower than him in percentage terms.
The pathology is accompanied by increased sweating and chills.
Chronic bacterial and non-bacterial prostatitis have symptoms that do not allow a person to immediately understand what is happening to them.
The first thing the nervous system begins to suffer. Due to this, the patient becomes more irritable and listless. Complains of constant fatigue and lack of sleep.
It is necessary to pay attention to even minor changes in well-being for the worse, as they may indicate the development of a disease such as chronic or non-infectious bacterial prostatitis.
Periodic chronic prostatitis, which requires immediate treatment, can be accompanied by the following painful symptoms:
- mild pain that may radiate to the groin, perineum, and anus;
- frequent need to go to the bathroom, even if the man drinks a small amount of liquid;
- discomfort in the head of the penis and scrotum;
- painful urination at the beginning and end of the physiological process;
- sweating and shaking;
- a small amount of discharge from the penis.
The greatest influence of chronic bacterial and non-infectious prostatitis has on sexual function. Due to the progression of the pathological process, a man's erection worsens, premature or delayed ejaculation occurs, and intense discomfort appears during intimacy.
It is difficult for a patient to independently understand what exactly prostatitis in men leads to the appearance of this symptomatology. To make sure of this, you must first contact a competent specialist and undergo a full examination at his direction.
Chronic prostatitis often leads to serious complications that quickly make themselves felt. Because of this, men are increasingly wondering whether the disease can be completely cured or not to prevent such development of events.
Chronic prostatitis is characterized by a wavy course. While remission is ongoing, the disease does not develop, which means that the patient is not threatened by negative consequences. You need to start worrying about this in case of an exacerbation of the pathology.
If a person is not trying to find out how chronic prostatitis can be cured, then they should prepare for serious complications. The inflammatory process in the prostate gland will certainly lead to infection of other organs of the genitourinary system. As a result, a person begins to suffer from cystitis or pyelonephritis. Inflammation of the testicles and their appendages is not excluded. In the absence of adequate therapy, these conditions lead to infertility.
PCR analysis will eliminate sexually transmitted infections.
To understand whether or not it is possible to cure the chronic type of prostatitis forever, it is first necessary to diagnose the patient. Its results allow the urologist to assess the patient's current condition and choose the most optimal course of therapy for him.
The initial examination of a patient suspected of having chronic bacterial or noninfectious prostatitis consists of a history of the disease and an external examination of a man's intimate organs. During diagnosis, the doctor pays attention to the presence of painful rashes, discharge and other unhealthy manifestations. Also, the level of pain in the prostate gland is determined.
The diagnosis of chronic prostatitis consists of the following research activities:
- Ultrasound (TRUS).Ultrasound examination allows a specialist to evaluate pathological changes in terms of structural and functional data of the organ;
- Analysis of urine and secretions.Laboratory diagnostics detect the presence of pathogens in biological fluids that can cause prostatitis;
- PCR analysis.The research method is intended to identify pathogens of sexually transmitted diseases in the body of a man;
- Spermogram.The diagnosis is designed to study the quality of the semen;
- Urodynamic studies.Reveal the degree of urination disorder and its causes;
- PSA analysis.It is used to exclude the development of a cancerous tumor or benign hyperplasia in a patient.
Differential diagnosis is mandatory. It allows to distinguish chronic prostatitis from other pathological conditions that have similar symptoms and signs. But they need a completely different treatment.
In the differential diagnosis process, it is possible to distinguish prostatitis from diseases such as bladder stenosis, alteration of the detrusor-sphincter system, bladder dysfunction, regional pain syndrome, prostate adenoma, cystitis and rectal pathologies.
For each patient, a treatment regimen is selected individually, which allows you to get rid of chronic prostatitis.
Therapy for a chronic illness takes a long time. To achieve remission, the patient must take the medications in a timely manner and undergo physiotherapy procedures prescribed by the urologist.
Men who are also interested in their partner's pregnancy should take the treatment of a disease such as chronic prostatitis with particular severity. Without proper therapy, they may be deprived of the opportunity to have children of their own.
To cope with the symptoms of prostatitis, it is necessary to undergo a course of medication. The doctor selects a whole range of drugs against the symptoms of discomfort that appear. As a rule, a few days after the start of taking the drug, the manifestations of pathology are significantly reduced. In the future, painful symptoms do not appear as often if the patient does not violate the therapy regimen.
Antibacterial medications are often the mainstay of treatment for men with prostatitis.
Treatment of chronic bacterial prostatitis in men necessarily includes taking an antibiotic. Without it, it will not be possible to suppress the activity and further spread of the painful microflora. The treating physician is responsible for the selection of a potent drug. The choice of drug directly depends on the test results, which show the type of infectious agent.
Fluoroquinolones are prescribed for prostatitis. They effectively deal with entire colonies of pathogens. Medicines of this group are in demand in patients with a chronic course of the disease. They are not assigned only if the pathology was caused by tuberculosis pathogens.
Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs
These drugs are considered safer for humans than antibiotics. They help to cope with severe pain syndrome, reduce body temperature and solve the problem of general malaise.
Despite the relative safety of drugs that belong to the group of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, it is forbidden to take them without the permission of a doctor. Otherwise, the patient will expect unpleasant consequences that will complicate the course of chronic prostatitis.
These medications are prescribed only by the treating physician.
Patients are advised to take alpha-blockers as it is quite difficult to treat chronic prostatitis without them. Drugs of this group occupy an important place in the therapeutic regimen. With its help, patients manage to cope with the painful symptoms of pathology, which negatively affect the mental state of a person.
Taking alpha blockers often produces side effects such as drowsiness and general weakness in the body. This is a normal reaction that the patient should be aware of.
A person will not be able to choose the right medicine for himself that belongs to this group of medicines, so it is strongly recommended to entrust this task to a competent specialist.
Antidepressants and vitamins
As additional drugs for prostatitis, which help to improve the patient's condition and prevent complications, vitamin complexes and antidepressants are used. Many men left positive feedback about them, as they helped them heal the inflammation of the prostate gland.
Many urologists practice the prescription of vitamin injections with B5-B12 solutions to men with this diagnosis. This treatment is allowed only if the patient has no contraindications to drugs. They are taken as an auxiliary therapy, which makes it possible to saturate the patient's body with missing useful substances. But a powerful effect should not be expected from them.
The effective treatment of chronic prostatitis involves the use of suppositories. They contain several components that can fight inflammatory processes in the prostate gland. They may contain antibiotics or non-hormonal components that alleviate the human condition.
Pharmacy suppository therapy should be combined with medication, as it is medication treatment that gives the best result. Other drugs are used to complement the treatment of chronic prostatitis.
Not only pharmaceutical medicine helps fight chronic prostatitis. Both medicinal pills and home remedies can reduce the severity of your painful symptoms.
The patient should use traditional medicine not only in the treatment of prostatitis, but also during remission. Thanks to them, the probability of recurrence of the inflammatory process is minimized. They also increase a man's chances that his wife can get pregnant from him.
Home remedies can only be used in complex treatments. It is forbidden to use them in case of exacerbation of inflammation of the prostate gland, in the presence of tumors and infectious lesions of the body. Contraindications also include individual intolerance to the components present in home medicine.
There is a large number of proven recipes for alternative medicine, with the help of which it is possible to cope with the disease and prevent its recurrence. The best ones are the following:
- Pumpkin seeds.They are useful for all men, as they contain components that support the proper functioning of the male genitourinary system. This product is recommended not only for prostatitis, but also for impotence. To increase your chances of recovery, you should eat 30 g of seeds a day. They must first be peeled. If a man does not want to eat the product in its pure form, he can add it to various dishes, for example, fresh salads.
- Pear compote.The most useful drink is made without added sugar.
- Baths with sea salt and herbs.It is recommended to receive the water procedure 3 times a week for 15 minutes. To saturate the water with useful substances, it is necessary to add sea salt and a decoction based on medicinal plants to it. When preparing it, it is customary to use chamomile, needles, calendula and sage. The herb should be prepared in boiling water, insist a little and strain. In this way, the broth is poured into the bath. Before entering the water, you need to make sure that its temperature is not too high. With prostatitis, it is forbidden to overheat the genitals.
- Parsley juice and seeds.A useful product can be used alone or added to various dishes. As part of parsley, it contains many valuable substances, in which the weakened body due to prostatitis needs.
- Suppositories with propolis.Another popular home remedy. To get healing candles, you need to mix cocoa butter with propolis. Small suppositories should be formed from this mass, which should be stored in the refrigerator. They are used in 1 piece. before bedtime. The candle must be inserted into the anus.
A man must understand that home remedies cannot completely cure him from inflammation in the prostate gland. Therefore, it is strictly forbidden to use them separately from drug treatment. It is better to take home remedies as a complement to the main dish. They are also useful if the patient is interested in preventing exacerbation of chronic prostatitis.
Prostate massage is categorically contraindicated in case of an aggravated form of the disease.
Medical therapy aimed at eliminating chronic prostatitis is complemented by prostate massage. This physical therapy procedure improves secretion drainage and microcirculation in the pelvis. Due to this, tissue regeneration is enhanced, which leads to a rapid recovery of the patient.
Prostate massage should be performed by a specialist trained in their technique. In some cases, the use of massagers is allowed. They can be used only after getting acquainted with the peculiarities of the procedure.
Prostate massage is prohibited for men who have hemorrhoids, cracks in the anus, or an exacerbation of prostatitis.
In combination with medications, prostate massage works well.
Physiotherapy procedures are used as an auxiliary method of treatment. They increase the trophism of prostate tissues and activate their regenerative properties. For this disease, doctors may recommend the following methods:
- laser therapy;
- ultrasonic phonophoresis;
- transrectal microwave hyperthermia.
In addition, the patient can use hot baths, enemas, and mud wraps to enhance the treatment.
If drug therapy does not allow to cope with the chronic course of prostatitis, which is often aggravated, the doctor will insist on surgical intervention.
Surgeries for this disease are rare. They are prescribed as a last resort when other methods of treatment do not help a man. For chronic prostatitis, the following types of surgery are done:
- Prostatectomy.This involves the complete removal of the swollen prostate gland.
- Resection.It is used when it is necessary to remove only a part of the internal organ, which is the most affected by the disease.
- Circumcised.Circular cut of the foreskin, which allows you to cure the chronic form of prostatitis and prevent its progression.
- Drainage of abscesses.During the procedure, all the purulent contents of the organ are released, which prevents it from eliminating inflammation.
The doctor himself decides which method of surgical therapy is most suitable for a particular patient.
It is recommended to eat a lot of fruits for ailments.
Men with chronic prostatitis need to be on a diet. Selecting a special diet allows you to minimize the likelihood of recurrence of inflammatory disease.
A man with prostatitis should refuse to consume even small amounts of drinks and foods containing ethyl alcohol. Alcohol has a detrimental effect on the ducts of the prostate, which worsens the symptoms of the disease.
The patient should limit himself to eating fatty foods, as they can lead to the formation of cholesterol plaques that complicate blood circulation. Spicy and salty dishes, offal and mushrooms are prohibited. Beans, sodas, and baked goods should also be avoided.
When compiling a menu for a patient with chronic prostatitis, it is necessary to include foods fortified with zinc. It is abundant in pumpkin seeds and shellfish. The basis of the diet must necessarily be fresh fruits and vegetables, as well as dairy products. The only exceptions are those that can increase gas production in the intestine.
Can chronic prostatitis be cured
Questions about whether chronic prostatitis can be fully treated concern all men faced with this diagnosis. The prognosis of recovery depends directly on the timeliness of the therapy and its suitability.
It is almost impossible to completely get rid of the disease. Patients can only achieve a stable remission, which will be observed for many years.
Patients should be interested in preventing exacerbation of chronic prostatitis. To prevent it, you need to follow the correct diet, timely treat inflammatory processes in the body, have a regular sex life, and not forget about sports.
It is very important that you visit your urologist regularly for routine diagnoses of your current health condition. Regular examinations allow you to timely determine the pathology and begin to treat it.