The question of how to treat prostatitis is asked by men in adulthood. It is not always possible to completely cure the disease, but modern urology can eliminate the first signs of inflammation of the prostate gland. The key to success is qualified therapy, compliance by the patient with all the doctor's prescriptions. Treatment of prostatitis will be effective only if all medicinal methods are used in general. Therefore, it is important to know how the onset of the inflammatory process manifests and how to treat it more effectively.
Signs of a male illness
Inflammation in the gland is caused by pathogenic microorganisms that penetrate the blood from the bladder, urethra to prostate gland. But pathogenic microorganisms by themselves do not always contribute to the development of the disease. Favorable factors are necessary for the disease to begin. Under certain conditions, the infection threatens the stagnation of secretions in the prostate, affects blood circulation in the urogenital organs of men. These reasons contribute to the onset of inflammation of the prostate gland.
The inflammatory process manifests itself rapidly, with characteristic symptoms:
- Complaints of pain in the perineum and groin area.
- The patient feels pain at the beginning of urination.
- There is an increase in temperature, up to 39 degrees.
- Febrile condition, fever.
Unfortunately, the disease often progresses without visible signs and gradually becomes a chronic stage.
Chronic prostatitis is indicated by typical symptoms:
- There is infrequent pain, discomfort in the perineum.
- Unpleasant sensations during urine flow.
- Occasionally a characteristic discharge from the urethra is possible.
- Slightly high temperature: up to 37 degrees.
A small proportion of men develop prostatitis after suffering from sexually transmitted infections. If the disease is not treated in a timely manner, the erection is affected in men. This is explained by the fact that the pathogenic microorganisms of the prostate gland destroy the nerve cells of the male organ.
Thus, chronic prostatitis worsens the general mood of a man - irritability and discontent appear.
What drugs to choose for treatment?
Before starting to treat the male organ, the patient needs to perform certain clinical tests: bacteriological urine culture, studies of the secretions of the urethra and the prostate gland, to determine the sensitivity of the flora to certain drugs. It is necessary to treat prostatitis comprehensively. Of the drugs, antibacterial drugs, alpha blockers, and rectal suppositories are recommended first.
Antibacterial agents are essential in prostate therapy.
Several antibiotics have been shown to be effective drugs in eliminating the symptoms of male disease:
- Macrolides. Their advantage is that they do not have a detrimental effect on the intestinal microflora, they quickly penetrate the prostate gland.
- Tetracyclines are effective against diseases caused by mycoplasmas and chlamydia.
- Fluoroquinolones. They have a broad effect.
- Cephalosporins. They are administered parenterally, with a wide spectrum of action.
As a general rule, it takes ten to twelve days to treat prostatitis with antibacterial drugs.
The second group of drugs for effective prostate therapy are alpha blockers. Medications restore the disturbed muscle tone of the gland, improve the process of urination.
Alpha-blocker treatment is long-term, up to two months.
Traditionally, it is recommended to treat inflammation with rectal suppositories. Suppositories have a great therapeutic effect, as they allow medicinal substances to quickly penetrate the affected area.
The highest therapeutic result is shown by candles containing propolis. They reduce pain, normalize blood circulation in the genitourinary organs. Suppositories have no contraindications or side effects.
The benefits of massage and physiotherapy
Urologists recommend treating prostatitis with massage and physical therapy. What is the essence and benefits of each method?
Prostate massage is performed with a finger, which is inserted into the anus. What are the benefits of massage?
- The prostate gland is freed from pathogenic microorganisms and products of their activity.
- Blood circulation in the genitourinary organs is restored.
- Power is normalized.
The gland massage lasts a minute and a half. The evidence of a qualified massage is the absence of pain during the procedure.
But this procedure has some contraindications:
- it is not advisable to massage in an acute form of the disease;
- in the presence of cracks, wounds in the anus;
- if hemorrhoids are diagnosed, especially exacerbations;
- in the context of acute infectious diseases.
Physiotherapy treatment aims to increase the effectiveness of drug therapy.
The following types of physiotherapy are the most used:
- Galvanization: the use of direct current with low resistance and low voltage.
- Electrostimulation: uses a pulsed electrical current that contributes to the contraction of the muscles of the pelvic organs.
- Magnetotherapy: application of low frequency alternating and constant magnetic fields.
- Drug electrophoresis is characterized by the parallel effect of drugs and low power direct current.
In addition to the listed types, physical therapy exercises, microclysters with drugs effectively help to treat the gland.
This effect on the male organ has a positive result:
- Improves blood circulation in the urogenital organs, thus reducing congestion in the pelvic organs.
- Damaged cells regenerate faster.
- Lymph outflow from affected tissues increases, toxins are removed.
Physiotherapy has practically no contraindications.
Traditional Medicine Tips
Herbal medicine offers a variety of ways that make effective treatment of prostatitis possible. As a general rule, traditional healers recommend medicinal plants that have a diuretic effect. What are the most effective recipes?
Pumpkin seeds recipe
For a long time, men who are concerned about prostatitis have been recommended pumpkin seeds. After all, they are high in zinc, which is so necessary for men's health. It is generally accepted that the daily dose of zinc is thirty pumpkin seeds. This amount should be consumed throughout the day.
You can make medicine balls with seeds and honey. To do this, you need to grind five hundred grams of peeled raw seeds, and then add two hundred grams of natural honey to them. Roll balls of the resulting mixture. It is necessary to ingest medicine balls once or twice a day, thirty minutes before meals.
Propolis is one of the most powerful anti-inflammatory drugs. Prostatitis will pass quickly if you use propolis in combination with medications. An alcoholic extract is prepared from the bee product. You need to mix forty grams of propolis and two hundred milliliters of alcohol. Evaporate the mixture a little, then mix a small part of the propolis extract with two grams of cocoa. Form a candle, use as usual suppositories: injected into the rectum before bedtime.
Chamomile and juices for prevention
Everyone knows the medicinal properties of chamomile: anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, analgesic. Useful for men's health is a decoction of chamomile, which is drunk before eating, in thirty minutes.
Juices made from asparagus mixed with carrots, beets, and cucumbers are great benefits. The preparation of the medicinal juice is simple: take all the vegetable juices in equal portions. Drink two or three times during the day.
This treatment, both with drugs and physical therapy, will help men stay healthy for many years.