Phimosis is severe enough pathology, which is characterized by a violation of the normal physiological structure of the penis in men.
Phimosis in men is the condition in which it is not possible to the full extent of exposing the glans penis. The disease usually passes very painful.
This pathology, necessarily requires treatment. Otherwise, it increases the possibility that the development of the inflammatory process in preputial bag, and delays in he urine. Phimosis in men adds a great deal of problems in the daily and even intimate life. The inability to fully exposing the glans leads to the loss of sexual desire, erectile dysfunction, and the development of various types of infections.
That will, if not treated phimosis?
This pathology can lead to many negative consequences. In the first place, patients begin to develop inflammation under the foreskin, driven stagnation of the secret. In addition, due to lack of extract the urine and return of fall in the urine-to display the channel occurs the infection of the urethra.
The most dangerous complication of this state is considered a so-called paraphimosis. This strong impairment of the head of the authority. This condition typically occurs due to the repeated attempts to expose the glans in the direct process of the sexual relationship. The foreskin overlaps the blood flow to the penis, which causes the swelling. Independent attempts to return it to its normal state, as a general rule, fail. In this type of emergency situation without the intervencin not to go.
Why does it develop phimosis in men?
The causes of this condition are very varied. These include the following:
- The genetic predisposition. In the body of men is observed the failure of the elastic element of the connective tissue.
- Mechanical damage your penis.
- Inflammatory processes (balanoposthitis, syphilis).
Despite the fact that the causes of phimosis very trivial and with a timely solution of problems that can prevent the development of the disease specialists all bound by their diagnose. The thing is that men are not distinguished by the tendency to follow closely the health, as may be necessary to consult with the doctors.
The clinical manifestations of the
- Difficulties for the implementation of the hygiene procedures. It appears the inability to totally run prepuce, which leads to the gradual accumulation of smegma. She, as is known, is an excellent means for the livelihoods of the bacteria.
- Swelling of the penis, the violation of normal circulation of the blood, the pain during the touch.
- Phimosis in men may manifest problems with urination.
Classification of the disease
Depending on the degree of opening of the head, are distinguished the following stages of disease:
- The first stage is characterized by the small difficulties in the release of the head of the penis when erect, into a state of tranquility of these problems is not observed.
- The second stage is the impossibility of opening the head in the excited state, even when the effort.
- The third phase. Every time you try to pull the foreskin appear the bleeding and the pain.
- The fourth phase is different painful urination, as well as the head of the penis completely closes the skin.
Also highlighted are several subtypes of this disease:
- Physiological. Common in children up to three years. In fact, the disease means a not definitive in the development of the foreskin. After a while (5-6 years) the head is opened. If this does not occur, you should consult with a specialist.
- Hypertrophic. In this case, we observe a thickening of the epithelium of the skin of the foreskin and penetrate beyond the head.
- Atrophic. The flesh of his foreskin is initially thins and then atrophy.
- The scar. At the edges of the skin of the foreskin scars are formed of different sizes.
The diagnosis of a
In the first place, in the reception the doctor will collect a complete medical history of the patient, listens to the complaint. In addition, the specialist can set a series of questions (when problems arose with urination, preceded if symptoms of mechanical damage, etc).
The diagnosis of this pathology, as a general rule, it is not simple and is based on the exterior inspection of the penis. The doctor also evaluates the degree of exposure of the head, the presence of pus under the foreskin. In some cases, in addition, you can consult the surgeon.
How to treat phimosis in men?
In most cases, eliminate this pathology it is only by surgical intervention. However, there are conservative methods. One of these treatment options is a gradual traction extreme of the flesh.
Consistent stretching, it is recommended to carry out prior to the onset of moderate pain and repeat several times a day for 10 minutes. In the process of extending directly from step, you can gradually increase the amplitude of movements of translation of before the nakedness of the complete head. For greater effectiveness, it is recommended that before the procedure take a hot bath.
Phimosis in men sometimes can be treated through drug therapy. She assumes the path of the crown of the authority of the ointments with corticosteroids. These medications focus on the improvement of the elasticity of the epithelium, the reduction of the inflammatory process and the swelling. Must be all the days in the term of two months to rub it on the head of the authority.
In the surgery
How to overcome the phimosis in men? The treatment by surgery is considered the most effective option to get rid of this pathology. The operation involves a formation of three incisions in zig-zag the foreskin and sewing. According to experts, is the treatment of almost 100% of the cases, allows to achieve the desired results.
When the scar the variant of the disease is recommended the excision of the foreskin in a circle, that is to say, circumcision.
The post-operative period
Despite the high efficacy of the surgical treatment in the majority of physicians observe in patients the emergence of a different kind of complications. Appear with a higher frequency of bleeding caused by the bad overlap of the seams, as well as inflammatory processes in the outer part of the urethra.
How to prevent the development of complications in patients with the diagnosis of "phimosis"? The men after the operation these problems can be avoided if you follow all of the recommendations by the doctor. You should take a bath with potassium permanganate, use the creams antibacterial. In some cases, surgery may be needed to correct defects in the appearance of the skin of the foreskin and restore the proper contours of the urethra.
In this article we have talked about what is this disease, such as phimosis in men. The surgery is the most effective method of treatment. When primary symptoms should not delay the visit to a doctor in the mailbox. Better at an early stage of curing this disease and not think about its consequences. Greetings!